The abstract submission period has ended and acceptance notices will be sent to submitters in mid-May. If you have any queries please contact the conference organizers.
The joint SEM-AP Nagoya 2016 conference will host parallel sessions for oral presentations as well as poster sessions.
Abstract contributors may indicate their preferred presentation style (oral presentation OR poster), which will be taken into account by the reviewing committee in their final decision announcements.
Abstract submission dates
Extended abstract submission deadline: 09 April, 2016.
Abstract acceptance announcement: 16 May, 2016.
- Abstract: text only, in English, no more than 300 words.
It is advisable to include the following information in your abstract:
- The research question and hypothesis
- Methods and data used
- Results (may be preliminary or expected results)
- Novelty or significance of the research
- Short personal biography: of all collaborating authors, no more than 100 words in total (700 characters including spaces).
You will be asked to choose a category which most closely relates to your abstract. Being a joint conference of the SEM section and the ISIE Asia-Pacific, the topics list covers themes related to all Industrial Ecology research interests, and more detailed specific themes of Socio-Economic Metabolism (SEM).
- Methodological and analytical advances in socio-economic metabolism
- Material flows, waste and recycling management
- Modelling and scenarios of stock and flow relationships
- Low carbon urban development and planning
- Critical materials (including energy carriers, water, metals, agricultural nutrients and biomass)
- Industrial ecology of mining and minerals
- Trade, global flows, and their embodied environmental impacts
- Sustainable resource management
- socio-economic metabolism and economic / environmental policies and theory
- Environmentally Extended Input-Output analysis
- Carbon-, material-, and water-footprints
- Linking socio-economic metabolism with climate change / green economy
- Industrial symbiosis
- Eco-industrial development
All abstracts will be blind double-reviewed. Notification of results will be sent by e-mail on 16 May 2016.
To have an abstract included in the conference proceedings, at least one author must be registered by the registration deadline and present the work at the meeting.